Friday, November 30, 2007

Right then and right there

Dear Blog,

So, I already broke the writer's block. Here is cold hard proof. It's a song I wrote last night like an hour after the blog post. It's called Blazing Orange Savior.

I saw a dead body on the beach
When I was ten years old
My mother told me
That it was just a wax man
My father up and died
when I was twelve years old
I got my first kiss the same day
I remember feeling damned
Now when we kiss
I taste my fathers ashes
Now when we kiss
Our mouths are a cremation
I know this may come
As shocking information
So much that our relations
Will reach a quick cessation

I never put much stock in tongues touching tongues
Because of something that happened when I was very young

I took seven girls to funeral homes
On just as many dates
I got seven looks of sheer disgust
And handprints on my face
And in the parlor all alone
I'd cross myself and cry
Why was I first kissed
On the day my father died
At seventeen I sank a boat
Off the cold New England coast
I languished in the water
And waited for the ghost
A woman threw a lifesaver
From a fairly well sized yacht
That jacket was a blazing savior
I wish I'd never caught

I never thought I'd spend my whole life chained
To an unforgiving tombstone, in the hot August rain



I also wrote a nice poem today too. Once I get it on the computer I'll post it here as well.

Yours,
B Morgz

No comments: