Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#23

My Car Got Totaled Off of Interstate 64 and Now My Head Is Bleeding, Can You Help Me?
By XII

Silence is golden
I can look at your hair
Wandering, wondering
cool desert air
in my lungs, not my mouth
Hard oasis water
Crisp, calm breezes
The revolutionary daughter
Marches on
In the dawn
The electric space is my own
Come to Tucson, select a home
Storm clouds come about
Chaplains start to shout
"Drink my body, drink my blood
find the sinner, call the flood
Pick up your bullhorns and your crosses
Convert 10 heads and cut your losses"
At the sound of this march
I head for the border
Any more false starts
And I'll be following orders
The time is ripe to get out of town
Crawl under the wire and roll around
Holy fire and holy shit
How'd us two get caught up in it?
My hair's on fire and your dress is drowning
This is most definitely something I won't be forgetting
Rock and roll with heart and soul (out of my open window)
March on to electric dawn
I'm gonna ramp the whole town some day
Yelling, "I'm afraid now that nothing's in my way!"

No comments: