Monday, October 29, 2007

Oh Ontario, Oh Jennifer Jason Leigh

Dear Blog,

I've had Civil Twilight by the Weakerthans stuck in my head all day. Ever since Kyle and I listened to it on our successful drive down. It kind of pissed me off that we had to miss morning classes and stuff. That was not so cool as we now have to get Western Civ. notes from somebody we don't know very well. Speaking of the new Weakerthans album. Most of the stuff I've listened to is pretty good. It takes the Weakerthans a long time to get through to me usually so I'm going to keep trying. We listened to Left and Leaving in the car too and that sounded better than it had before. So, there's hope for me yet.

I saw The Darjeeling Limited this weekend and it was really cool. Pretty darn awesome that Wes Anderson. Also, as a warning to my friends. I am starting to get pretty pumped about this Mountain Goats show. So, beware of lots of Mountain Goats talk to come in the weeks to follow. My attempts to restrain myself will weaken as the day draws nearer.

I really like the Magnetic Fields. I'll just put that out there. I got Get Lost on Saturday and it is really good. I enjoy Stephin Merrit's phat beats and crooning vocals. I've also been enjoying Salinger's Nine Stories. De-Daumier Smith's Blue Period is, quite possibly, the best short story I've ever read. Definitely Salinger's best work that I've read so far. No one else has agreed with me so far though so we'll see. I may just be crazy.

Enough about my pop culture interests. I gave a speech for my vice presidential candidacy today. I intended to come off as unprepared, aloof, and kind of a dick. Unintentionally, this eradicated my nervousness and made me go over as some sort of comedy hit. I completely accidentally charmed a whole room of people (I know I sound like a douche). So now I might be vice president when I don't even want it anymore. That sucks, I can't fail even when I try. I was just trying to have some fun and look where it got me.

College is boring. I hate most people here except for my friends. There are so many sects of Christianity and subgenres of Christians that I loathe. It's really casting a pall over the whole religion for me. I'm going to get out of here after this year I think. I want to be back in St. Louis where I can play shows and live near the people I love the most. However, this year will not be a bust. I am learning and meeting lots of cool people. So, that's good. Although sometimes I wish I had just stayed home and worked this year and saved up some serious cash money. However, I wouldn't go back and change that now because I do like the small number of cool people I've met here quite a bit. I will not let that keep me here all four years though. I know I am just settling here at Asbury and I want to be happier. I do have some life goals and I want to go for them. I might fail. That's scary.

I am going to be submitting some work to the college literary magazine soon. Kinda worried about that. I'm never sure if I'm getting better as a writer or just stagnating. Sometimes I think I'm getting worse. It's really difficult to tell. I think I might got watch an episode or two of Scrubs now.

Yours,
B Morgz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this new sexy blog, B-Morgz.

Seriously, it's interesting now that it's not only about pokemon. I'm glad that you're not going to stay at Asbury and that you're coming back eventually!