Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bullshit on the Self

So, if no one speaks like I speak, does that make me a speaker for the me’s of the world. For all the people who may have been like me or may be like me. Is that an irrelevancy? Will there ever be anyone like me? Has there ever not been anyone like me? Has anyone like me ever wondered if there was someone like them, their specter of consciousness silently and unknowingly gliding over my body? Does everyone wonder about this kind of thing? Does just wondering about this kind of thing qualify someone to be like me?

How like me does a person have to get to qualify into the vague term of “like me?” Because, right now, I am me and I am not aware that my individual consciousness is in any one other being, that means there is no one but me who is me. Unless there is a collective consciousness that I’m tapping into to drag these thoughts down. Maybe I have a twin who thinks the same thoughts that I do at the same time and so, I can’t sense it, because we cancel each other out. Maybe I just never sense it. But, if he were exactly the same, wouldn’t he be stuck here too. He might be stuck somewhere just like this with people just like the people around me. I wish us both luck. I know he does too.

1 comment:

lauren liggett said...

I think things like this all the time.
Just further proof that we're made for each other. :)