Saturday, May 3, 2008

Summer Haikus

Dear Blog,

Here are some haikus I just kind of puked out about summertime. Maybe they are vague enough to sound good.

We are circles now
Pushing up against each other
Ah, Terrible pressure

Lemonade on lawns
People pushing past parts
Touch my summer soon

Hold to heartlessness
In June but not in August
Hold my thin blonde hair

Old watch ticks on me
On my shoulder gazes down
Picking off the flies

Hearts hurt hardly Hal
Don't take the sack race like that
What were you promised

Did I pack the bag
It is time to go on now
In our newly worn

Heavier than no
Drops hang in the taunting air
sick hollow sound

I hate the sun times
Thrive for nighttime blood ritual
Stale with tradition



Props to Ian on the first one, his circles discourse started me off.

Yours,
B Morgz

1 comment:

Ian M. said...

PROPS to ME

It's 3:30