Monday, May 12, 2008

First News From Home

Dear Blog,

Home again and still job searching. It's really annoying and I'm procrastinating an awful lot. Here's the only thing I've written, besides a poem for mom, since I've been home. I wish I knew who sent me that weird ass thing in CPO.

The Cucumber King Relates His Last Battle
By Benjamin Morgan

I'm like a man crawling out of the wreckage of a 1997 Toyota Corolla
That was painted lime green
On a whim in '03
I'm like a man chasing his money around after it's been all cut to shreds
There's a twenty
Yeah, there's a ten
I'm like a man slowly trying to reassemble legos at 4pm on a schoolground
People looking around
Say that's not allowed
And when my four year old son asks about what happened on November the fifth, two thousand and eight
I'll say it wasn't a product of hate
It was simply two people falling out of love with each other quickly and catastrophically
And when he understands
I'll know I raised an even-tempered man
I hope that he doesn't want to fight with me
Because I've got a weak chin you see
But if he steps up to deliver blows to my body
I'll say "Give it your best shot sonny."
Because I won't go down without a fight
That's what I told your mother that November night


Yours,
B Morgz

4 comments:

Jesse said...

What weird ass thing did you get in CPO?

Good luck with the job hunt.

Christie said...

I hope you find a job, Ben! You don't have to work, though. I don't have a job and I'm still awesome!

I ask the same question as Jesse- what did you get in CPO?

Ian M. said...

Cucumber King?
Cum King.

Do you want to write for In the Valley?

Ian M. said...

You are NUMBER ONE