Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Stand Corrected

Dear Blog,

Here is a new poem:

Oh Dear Miss...
By Benjamin Morgan

My jewelry is stolen by park hopping vandals
the thing around my neck
a brazen, sunlight idol
Is gone to the night air at long last
How did they know?

The perpetrator's wretched laughter sick scorches the night
like a vomit or worse
like the flaming pits of hell
Where all the bad men are going to end up
I know what I know

I think of the worst ways to tell everyone I know
pathetic to my wealthy friends
sobbing to my wealthier parents
Green wires, once clipped, run wild with sparking greed
I know what I need

Hugging my gathered loved ones tight and squealing
they smell like cologne
or almost like too much liquor
Why was I even walking alone in that park last night?
I don't even know

Yours,
B Morgz

No comments: